Thursday, October 01, 2009

October { Breast Cancer Awareness Month }

Posted by Hugs, Mal!

Earlier today, Shelby Nycole { my awesome sis in law }, blogged about Breast Cancer Awareness month and what we can all do to help find a cure for a disease that affects so many women { and men } every day. As someone who lost her Grandma to breast cancer, I want to say thank you to everyone who walks, donates, or shops to raise awareness!!!

Last year I was given the opportunity to walk with my co-workers as well as help sponsor and raise money for the American Cancer Society's "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" in Sacramento. It was such an amazing and touching experience to see my co-worker Mattie walk as a survivor and now after a relapse she is fighting to keep that survivor title. While I am won't be walking this year, I will be donating { and hopefully shopping }.

And remember, you don't have to be someone who has been affected by breast cancer to make a difference and raise awareness! Young or old, male or female, we can all "Make Strides Against Breast Cancer".

0 comments: