Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Truly Touching

Posted by Hugs, Mal!

A few months ago everyone in the office started talking about an old co-worker, Leslie, and her new book. I remember thinking to myself, what is she writing a book about? After asking questions I found out that Leslie and her son were a few of the only survivors of Jonestown. Being only 24, I didn't really know what Jonestown was so like everyone else, I Googled it. After days of reading about Jonestown and what went on that horrific day I realized that Leslie was so much more of an amazing person then I could have ever imagined. I could not imagine going through what her and her son did that day and how it has effected her for over 25 years. From the moment I heard about Leslie, I have been intrigued to say the least about her story. Today, I realized that her book, called Slavery of Faith comes out this month and her website has excerpts from her book that will truly touch you.

0 comments: